Precautions for using Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose(HEC)
1. Use a high-shear mixer to add clean water to the bucket. Slowly start stirring at low speed and slowly filter the hydroxy ethyl cellulose into the solution. Continue to stir until all the particles are soaked. Then add preservatives and various additives. Such as pigments, dispersing aids, ammonia, etc. Stir until all the hydroxy ethyl cellulose is completely dissolved, and then add the other components of the reaction formula.
2. It is first equipped with high-concentration mother liquor, and then added to the product. The advantage of this method is that it has greater flexibility and can be added directly to the finished product, but it must be properly stored. The steps in this method here are similar to most of the steps in method one; the difference is that if there is no high-shear agitator, it can be continuously stirred and only some have enough capacity to uniformly disperse the hydroxyethyl cellulose in the solution. Agitator. Dissolve completely into a viscous solution. However, it must be noted that the antifungal agent must be added to the mother liquor as soon as possible.
3. Since the surface-treated hydroxy ethyl cellulose is a powder or fibrous solid, the following points should be paid attention to:
(1) Before and after adding hydroxy ethyl cellulose, stirring must be continued until the solution is completely transparent and clear.
(2) It must be sieved slowly into the mixing tank, do not bulk or put into blocks, the spherical and hydroxy ethyl cellulose directly enter the mixing tank.
(3) The temperature and pH of the water are obviously related to the dissolution of hydroxy ethyl cellulose. Special attention must be paid.
(4) Do not add alkaline substances to the mixture before wetting the hydroxy ethyl cellulose powder with water. Increase the pH after soaking to help dissolve.
(5) Add anti-mold agent as much as possible in advance.
(6) When using high-viscosity hydroxy ethyl cellulose, the mother liquor concentration should not be higher than 2.5-3%, otherwise the mother liquor high-shear mixer only uses a stirrer with sufficient power to keep the hydroxy ethyl cellulose uniformly dispersed in the solution And continue to stir until it is completely dissolved into a viscous solution. However, it must be noted that the antifungal agent must be added to the mother liquor as soon as possible.