(1) Compared with cellulose ether, guar ether is more soluble in water. The performance of the pH guar ether was essentially unaffected.
(2) Under the condition of low viscosity and low dosage, guar gum can replace cellulose ether in the same amount, and has similar water retention. However, the consistency, sag resistance and thixotropy are obviously improved.
(3) Under the conditions of high viscosity and large dosage, guar gum cannot replace cellulose ether, and the mixed use of the two will produce more excellent performance.
(4) The application of guar gum in gypsum-based mortar can significantly reduce the adhesion during construction and make the construction smoother. No adverse effect on the setting time and strength of gypsum mortar.
(5) When guar gum is used in cement-based masonry and plastering mortar, it can replace cellulose ether in equal amount, and give the mortar better sag resistance, thixotropy and smoothness of construction.
(6) Guar gum can also be used in ceramic tile adhesives, floor self-leveling agents, water-resistant putty, polymer mortar for wall insulation and other products.
(7) Since the price of guar gum is significantly lower than that of cellulose ether, the use of guar gum in mortar will significantly reduce the cost of product formulations.